The Bahamas is an archipelago country which is made up of more than 700 islands and 2,500 coral cays, which are small shallow sandy islands that are formed by the build up of coral reefs over thousands of years. Bahamas is located where the Western Atlantic Ocean meets the Caribbean Sea, with over 1,000 underwater sites which make it a great destination to dive!
In Bahamas, the waters are amazingly clear and offer divers a range of dive adventures on flourishing reef dives, along vertical walls, over wrecks and through tunnels, caverns and blue holes. Dive sites vary between specific shark diving spots on sandy bottoms and ‘regular’ reef diving. Currents are not the norm in the Bahamas but it is recommended divers have experience beyond beginner level to ensure maximum enjoyment, especially with the nature of the wildlife in the area.
The tropical savannah climate provides approximately 340 sunny days each year with temperatures averaging between 25 and 32C year round. Water temperatures range from 22°C in January and 28°C (72-84°F) in August. Dive conditions are impressive year-round, and every region in this country has something to offer.
New Providence (commonly referred to as Nassau, its capital city) provide drop-offs that are close to shore, blue holes and caves, historical wrecks and thrilling shark diving. Diving around the water of Grand Bahama Island (Freeport) with sharks and dolphins are the norm, but Grand Bahama also boasts pristine dive sites on the island’s west end and a number of inland and ocean blue holes. On Long Island, there is the deepest Blue Hole in all the Bahamas. Andros has wrecks, blue holes and spectacular wall dives off the deep Tongue of the Ocean. Bimini’s warm water are filled with an incredible diversity of sea life. Eleuthera and Harbor Island offer a rip-roaring drift dive. The Exumas have an intriguing combination of beautiful walls and rich shallow reefs. San Salvador boasts vertical walls, underwater caverns and many wrecks.
Liveaboard Diving Regions :
Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park
Covered Nassau area, Exumas area and Southwest Eleuthera area. This region is open to dive year round, and offering a great variety of diving including thrilling shark feeding dives, walls that begin as shallow as 40” and slope over the edge where large pelagics are frequently seen, exhilarating high speed drift dives through the cuts of the cays, blue holes which are banked by patch reefs with huge schools of fish as well as other wonderful sites. Divers can encounter Sharks, Eagle Rays, Stingrays, Groupers, Walls and Reefs with abundant marine life and multiple macro critters here!
Tiger Sharks (Galeocerdo cuvier), Great Hammerheads (Sphyrna mokarran), Caribbean Reef Sharks (Carcharhinus perezi), huge Lemon Sharks (Negaprion brevirostris), Bull Sharks, Spotted Dolphin encounters all in one magical place with crystal blue water, this place is the Tiger Beach, Bahamas!
Bimini sits on the edge of the Grand Bahama Bank, located 81km east of Miami. It is composed of two main islands, North Bimini and South Bimini, along with a string of small cays. With an great diversity of dive sites: Coral reefs, walls, shipwrecks, marine life, blue holes and caverns provide leisurely dives, drift dives, wall dives, night dives and shark dives. The Bimini Islands are famous for great hammerheads and bull shark sightings, best seen between January and March. There is also a chance to see humpback whales, sperm whales and whale sharks in the spring, with dolphins, eagle rays and various turtles seen year round.
Dates From / To Liveaboard Available spaces Price from
- 27/10/2018 - 03/11/2018 Nassau Nassau Bahamas Aggressor 2 1651 €
30/10/2018 - 06/11/2018 Freeport Freeport Bahamas Master 0 2461 €
03/11/2018 - 10/11/2018 Nassau Nassau Aqua Cat 0 2287 €
03/11/2018 - 10/11/2018 Nassau Nassau Bahamas Aggressor 0 2202 €
- 09/11/2018 - 19/11/2018 Freeport Freeport Bahamas Master 8 3479 €
10/11/2018 - 17/11/2018 Nassau Nassau Aqua Cat 0 2287 €
- 10/11/2018 - 17/11/2018 Nassau Nassau Bahamas Aggressor 10 1778 €
- 17/11/2018 - 24/11/2018 Nassau Nassau Aqua Cat 1 2287 €
- 17/11/2018 - 24/11/2018 Nassau Nassau Bahamas Aggressor 4 1778 €
- 20/11/2018 - 30/11/2018 Freeport Freeport Bahamas Master 14 3479 €
- 24/11/2018 - 01/12/2018 Nassau Nassau Aqua Cat 4 2287 €
- 24/11/2018 - 01/12/2018 Nassau Nassau Bahamas Aggressor 10 1778 €
- 01/12/2018 - 08/12/2018 Nassau Nassau Aqua Cat 5 2287 €
01/12/2018 - 08/12/2018 Nassau Nassau Bahamas Aggressor 0 2202 €
- 01/12/2018 - 08/12/2018 Freeport Freeport Bahamas Master 10 2461 €
- 08/12/2018 - 15/12/2018 Nassau Nassau Aqua Cat 22 2287 €
- 08/12/2018 - 15/12/2018 Nassau Nassau Bahamas Aggressor 14 1778 €
11/12/2018 - 18/12/2018 Freeport Freeport Bahamas Master 0 2461 €
- 15/12/2018 - 22/12/2018 Nassau Nassau Aqua Cat 8 2287 €
- 15/12/2018 - 22/12/2018 Nassau Nassau Bahamas Aggressor 14 2202 €
- 19/12/2018 - 29/12/2018 Freeport Freeport Bahamas Master 1 3479 €
- 22/12/2018 - 29/12/2018 Nassau Nassau Aqua Cat 6 2287 €
22/12/2018 - 29/12/2018 Nassau Nassau Bahamas Aggressor 0 2202 €
29/12/2018 - 05/01/2019 Nassau Nassau Aqua Cat 0 2287 €
- 29/12/2018 - 05/01/2019 Nassau Nassau Bahamas Aggressor 13 1778 €
- 05/01/2019 - 12/01/2019 Nassau Nassau Aqua Cat 16 2372 €
15/01/2019 - 25/01/2019 Freeport Freeport Bahamas Master 0 3479 €
19/01/2019 - 26/01/2019 Nassau Nassau Aqua Cat 0 2372 €
26/01/2019 - 02/02/2019 Nassau Nassau Aqua Cat 0 2372 €
26/01/2019 - 05/02/2019 Freeport Freeport Bahamas Master 0 3479 €