Bordered by the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea in the heart of Central America, Costa Rica is not only a verdant nation with beautiful landscapes, pristine jungles, and exciting volcanoes, it’s also home for many big marine animals and big underwater action. For divers, there are many dive hotspots awaiting for you to explore:
On the Caribbean coast, there is "Isla Uvita" and "Cahuita Reef" and many other amzing sites. On the Pacific Coast, diving is nothing short of spectacular! In the "Gulf of Papagayo", there is Guanacaste which is a giant bay off the northwest coast that provides access to "Catalina" and "Bat Islands", where you may encounter several different kinds of rays, sharks (include bull sharks), Sailfish, as well as the occasional whales, dolphins.
The southern area of the Pacific Coast is a protected biological reserve and offers the chance to eagle rays, turtles, manta rays, white-tipped reef sharks, bull sharks, enormous schools of both grunts and jacks, parrotfish, moray eels, dolphins, hammerheads, humpback whales, pilot whales even orcas and numerous other pelagics.
Liveaboard Diving Regions :
Located in the Eastern Tropical Pacific, 342 miles southwest of mainland Costa Rica, a rugged yet incredibly verdant island. Cocos island is the beacons for big animals and big action: huge schooling hammerheads (more than 500 when we visited there in Sep 2016), large tiger sharks, galapagos shark, countless white-tip sharks, different rays includes oceanic manta rays, tuna, whale sharks, marlin, sailfish call Cocos home. Diving in Cocos Island is definitely one of the best diving experience our Dive and Cruise team ever done! We even encounted humpback whales during a ride to Manuelita!
Caño Island is a marine reserve located off the south pacific coast of Costa Rica in front of the Osa Peninsula. This green tropical island is home to resident tropical fish, beautiful colorful corals, marine flora, tuna, amberjacks, wahoo, rays, turtles, enormous schools of fish, humpback whales, pilot whales, white tip sharks, black tip sharks, nurse sharks and occasionally great hammerheads, whale sharks, marlin and dolphin can be seen.
Guanacaste & Bat Islands
Guanacaste is a giant bay off the northwest Pacific coast, Bat Islands are located in a protected Marine Park inside the Guanacaste conservation area. This area is one of the most beautiful island chains in Costa Rica and home to a diverse dry tropical forest. Liveaboard trips in this area usually includes three main geographical areas in the North Pacific of Guanacaste: Bahia Culebra and Catalina Islands Area, Cuajiniquil and El Jobo Area, and Bat Islands in Santa Rosa National Park. There are big chance to dive with lots of species of rays, mantas, turtles, sharks, large schools of tropical fish, frogfish and other macro life. Large pelagics such as Humpback Whales, dolphin and other shcarks are seen.
Dates From / To Liveaboard Available spaces Price from
30/01/2018 - 09/02/2018 San Jose San Jose Okeanos Aggressor 2 0 41633 HK$
- 06/02/2018 - 16/02/2018 San Jose San Jose Argo 1 40088 HK$
12/02/2018 - 22/02/2018 San Jose San Jose Okeanos Aggressor 2 0 41633 HK$
19/02/2018 - 02/03/2018 San Jose San Jose Argo 0 43874 HK$
23/02/2018 - 05/03/2018 Puntarenas Puntarenas Sea Hunter 0 42738 HK$
- 24/02/2018 - 06/03/2018 San Jose San Jose Okeanos Aggressor 1 22 38604 HK$
26/02/2018 - 08/03/2018 San Jose San Jose Okeanos Aggressor 2 0 41633 HK$
- 08/03/2018 - 18/03/2018 Puntarenas Puntarenas Sea Hunter 11 35167 HK$
09/03/2018 - 19/03/2018 San Jose San Jose Okeanos Aggressor 1 0 38604 HK$
10/03/2018 - 17/03/2018 Cano Island Cano Island Okeanos Aggressor 2 0 22675 HK$
- 19/03/2018 - 29/03/2018 San Jose San Jose Okeanos Aggressor 2 4 41633 HK$
- 21/03/2018 - 28/03/2018 Cano Island Cano Island Okeanos Aggressor 1 9 21161 HK$
- 21/03/2018 - 31/03/2018 Puntarenas Puntarenas Sea Hunter 4 35167 HK$
24/03/2018 - 03/04/2018 San Jose San Jose Argo 0 47659 HK$
- 30/03/2018 - 09/04/2018 San Jose San Jose Okeanos Aggressor 1 9 32547 HK$
- 31/03/2018 - 07/04/2018 Cano Island Cano Island Okeanos Aggressor 2 16 22675 HK$
- 03/04/2018 - 13/04/2018 Puntarenas Puntarenas Sea Hunter 11 42738 HK$
09/04/2018 - 19/04/2018 San Jose San Jose Okeanos Aggressor 2 0 41633 HK$
- 10/04/2018 - 20/04/2018 San Jose San Jose Argo 4 47659 HK$
- 11/04/2018 - 18/04/2018 Cano Island Cano Island Okeanos Aggressor 1 9 17004 HK$
- 16/04/2018 - 26/04/2018 Puntarenas Puntarenas Sea Hunter 11 42738 HK$
20/04/2018 - 30/04/2018 San Jose San Jose Okeanos Aggressor 1 0 38604 HK$
21/04/2018 - 28/04/2018 Cano Island Cano Island Okeanos Aggressor 2 0 22675 HK$
23/04/2018 - 07/05/2018 San Jose San Jose Argo 0 47659 HK$
- 29/04/2018 - 10/05/2018 Puntarenas Puntarenas Sea Hunter 10 46902 HK$
- 30/04/2018 - 10/05/2018 San Jose San Jose Okeanos Aggressor 2 2 41633 HK$
- 02/05/2018 - 09/05/2018 Cano Island Cano Island Okeanos Aggressor 1 22 21161 HK$
09/05/2018 - 19/05/2018 San Jose San Jose Argo 0 47659 HK$
- 11/05/2018 - 21/05/2018 San Jose San Jose Okeanos Aggressor 1 19 32547 HK$
- 12/05/2018 - 19/05/2018 Cano Island Cano Island Okeanos Aggressor 2 18 22675 HK$